The first act of hacking took place five decades before in MIT USA. The same day the term hacker was coined. To keep your network secure you must know who is a hacker, what is hacking? and How can we remain safe from hackers and hackers?
Who is a Hacker?
Hacker is a person who enters your computer unauthorized to steal data or money or create damage to your network most of the time for the purpose of money, sometimes for fun and sometimes for revenge.
Common Types Of Hackers:
Black Hat Hackers:
They are the most risky and shadowy persons who enter your network to steal data or to bring your network down. Obviously there motive will be money or data which can be cased later.
Black Hat Hackers:
They are the hackers commonly known as ethical hackers who work for the organization’s network security who help to avoid the risk of hacking. They will constantly monitor the network and report the vulnerabilities and they play a major part in securing both data and network.
Common Hacking Techniques:
- Social Engineering
- Password theft
- DDoS(Distributed Denial of Service Attack)
The above are the techniques used by hackers commonly for the purpose of destroying a person or an organization.
To say safe in the digital world we must be aware of the situation as an individual and an entrepreneur who runs a business still even government agencies don’t recruit trained professionals for the job is still happening but in the future, the necessity for ethical hackers will be in sky-high.
As an ethical hacker you have to master your skills in
- Password cracking and guessing
- Session hijacking
- Session spoofing
- Network traffic sniffing
- Denial of Service attacks
- Exploiting buffer overflow vulnerabilities
- SQL injection
Basic Qualities of An Ethical HACKER
Computer Hacking is a Wisdom as well as an Art. Like any other field, you need to put a lot of effort to acquire knowledge to become an expert hacker. Once you’re on the track, you would need further ideas to keep over-to-date with updated technologies, new vulnerabilities, and exploitation methods.
- An ethical hacker must be a systems expert who should have strong programming and networking skills.
- An ethical hacker should have a lot of perseverance, continuity, and tolerance to try again and again and stay patiently for the needed result.
An ethical hacker should be creative enough to understand the situation and other common system users mind- mindsets in order to apply social engineering exploits. A good ethical hacker is one who should be ready to solve any problems with an updated skill set.
How to become a Successful Ethical HACKER
- Get into a programmer’s part many times and also switch to get a tech support position.
- Do to get networking courses like CCNA & CCNP
- It’s recommended that you get some work experience as a Network Engineer and System admin to understand networks and systems outside out.
- Keep going through tutorials and papers to understand the network and data security aspects and take them as a challenge to secure your network and computer systems as a network security mastermind.
- Study courses that cover creating, backdoors, Trojan and worms, denial of service ( DoS) attacks, SQL injection, buffer overflow, session kidnapping, and system hacking.
- Master the art of footprinting penetration testing, surveillance, and social engineering.
- Eventually, go for a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Examination.
In Systech we give you the ethical hacking course in Coimbatore for all the skills mentioned above in the most practical method of training and hence you can become a master in the field of ethical hacking since in a single campus you can cover all the skills mentioned above in a practical approach and with updated syllabus.
You need to stay as a White Hat Hacker which means you need to work within the instructions as per the law. No way to intrude or attack any computer or network without needed authorization from the authorities.
As a final word, it’s largely recommended that you refrain from engaging yourself in black hat hacking which may spoil your entire career